The purposes of the Student Nurses' Association of Rhode Island shall be:
· To promote student participation in activities relative to nursing.
· To aid in the preparation of nursing students for the assumption of the responsibilities of the registered nurse by fostering membership in professional organizations.
· To provide programs representative of the fundamental and current professional interest and concerns.
· To aid in the development of the individual in his/her professional role, including his/her responsibility for patient care.
· To assume responsibility for contributing to the profession of nursing through leadership development and political activism in an attempt to provide for the highest quality of health care.
The functions of the SNARI shall be:
· To influence health care, nursing education, and nursing practice through appropriate legislative activities.
· To foster membership in professional organizations as nurse graduates.
· To promote and encourage student’s participation in interdisciplinary activities.
· To promote and encourage participation in community affairs and activities towards improving health care.
· To represent nursing students to the health care consumer, institutions, and other professional organizations.
· To promote and encourage recruitment efforts, participation in student activities, and educational opportunities regardless of a person’s race, color, creed, sex, lifestyle, age, or economic status.